Black Lives Matter Seattle-King County believes one of the most important actions we can take now is direct community support. The Black-Led Community Investment Fund supports Black-led organizations and efforts that have long worked to serve our local community.
Round 1 Investments
Of this first grants round of $245,000, $170,000 was raised in connection with the June 12 March of Silence that organizers now estimate drew 85,000 people to the streets of Seattle and mobilized thousands of people across Washington state. Additional money was raised by the board.
The first round of investment from the Black-Led Community Investment Fund will be directed to the following organizations. Please, join us in giving to these organizations and learning more about their work.
- Mothers for Police Accountability – $25,000 in support of Rev. Walden’s leadership in determining the immediate and long-term future of the East Precinct of Seattle Police Department, whose history is rooted in Black-led organizing.
- King County Equity Now Coalition – $50,000 to support the basic and emergency needs of Black children and youth in the Central District.
- Seattle Medium – $15,000
- South Seattle Emerald – $15,000
- KRIZ-AM, the ZTwins – $15,000
- Lavender Rights Project – $50,000
- Black Trans Task Force – $75,000
Support the Fund
Gifts to Black Lives Matter Seattle-King County, which will be directed to Black-led community organizations and efforts, can be made through our website here.